How to Clean Refrigerators the Right Way
The fridge is a central element of your kitchen. Just think about how many times we go to the fridge throughout the day. Some visit the refrigerator more than others, but this type of frequent human contact creates bacteria and germs on fridge surfaces. A fridge door handle is a prime place for stuck-on food, which can get nasty. You probably aren't cleaning it as often as other surfaces in your home. Without constant maintenance, stains and food residue build-up on the outside surfaces. The inner shelves will have food stuck to them from either you or someone else. Your child may have a science experiment going on in there. The forgotten perishables in the back can give off gross smells every time you open the door. You want to make sure you keep your refrigerator in good condition; it can become quite disgusting fast. The good thing is that GP66 is NSF approved for food surfaces. What does this mean?
"A National Sanitation Foundation product for use in federally USDA inspected meat and poultry plants. This product is acceptable for use as a general cleaner (A1) on all surfaces in and around food processing areas. This product is acceptable as a laundry product for fabrics contacting food (B1)"
For over 50 years, GP66 has cleaned commercial kitchens.
With a few steps, your fridge will be back to new in no time.
- Take out everything in your fridge and throw away spoiled items. You know, the milk or snack that has expired months ago :)
- Remove drawers from your fridge. We like to begin with the most difficult part first. Usually, drawers are the first place food goes neglected, or something may have spilled in them
- Spray GP66 full strength inside the drawers and on stains. Set the drawers aside. You want the solution to sit, preferably 10-15 minutes
- Next, begin spraying shelves top to bottom.
- Let this sit. While you let GP66 Green Miracle Cleaner do work, grab a non-scratch green scrub pad
- Begin scrubbing drawers
- Rinse with water and dry using a microfiber cloth
- Go back to your fridge, and scrub shelves and wipe with a microfiber cloth
To clean the outside of your fridge is rather straightforward. Spray GP66 full strength and let the product sit for 5 minutes. Then, wipe with a microfiber cloth.
Bonus tip: use baby oil to get stainless steel to shine or one of your favorite stainless steel polish products.
Great job! You are awesome! A clean life is amazing, and research shows how it reduces anxiety and creates a calm household!
GP66 Green Miracle Cleaner